[rescue] Time to replace the IPX

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:19 CST 2003

--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 12:05:00PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >   I recommend a Sun Ultra30, but that's a physically large box.  It

> > meets all your other qualifications though, and they're *wonderful*
> > machines.
>
> Not really any larger than an U1, when on its side..

Beg to differ - a U1 is about 4 inches tall, the U30 is about 6 or 7
inches tall (on it's side), also the footprint of the U30 (while on
it's side) is a few inches bigger on every side.

BUT, I agree, they are *very* nice, and dual-headed, 16 memory slots,
etc. make them quite nice... A nicely equipped U30 should be about $200
+/-...

These are the machines I am holding on to after my garage purge...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall