[rescue] Network aware power switch?

Dieter Montanez dieter at plantcomputers.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:15 CST 2003

 This industrial switches do have a "relais"  output

http://www.moxanet.de/products/Unmanaged_Ethernet_Switches/EDS_308_305.htm

btw .. in european jargon "relais" is quite valid... in english, german,
french or spanish.

regards

Dieter

Kris Kirby wrote:

  On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Jochen Kunz wrote:

    I solved this by connectiong the input of a solid state relais to the
    DTR line of a terminal server. If I connect to the serial port DTR
    becomes active, switching power on via the solid state relais. When I
    disconnect DTR gets droped and the power is shut off. You need a solid
    state relais because the DTR line doesn't deliver enough power for a
    mechanical relais.

  <pedant> relay(s) </pedant>

  Interesting phonetics though. :)

  --