[rescue] SGI Irix / Indy question

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:09 CST 2003

Brooke Gravitt wrote:
> Got to the /etc/shadow file and ran it through john( by copying the
> entries to a file on my laptop and running john there.) No dice. I guess

Too bad. Did you use a wordfile and -rules?
I have a homebrew 40MB wordlist that works pretty well.

> someone can give me an exploit to get root on the box? It's got ports 7,
> 11, 13,  21, 23, 37, 80, 512, 513, 541

Your best bet is to telnet to those ports, grab a banner (i.e. OPTIONS /
HTTP/1.0 for port 80) and google for version string + vulnerability. I
don't think ports 7, 11, 13, 37 will be very useful. Maybe there's an
rexec (512), telnet (23), ftp (21) or web (80) exploit.

Walter.
--
Walter Belgers         "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
walter at belgers.com       Latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"