[rescue] Pictures of the haul

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat Dec 20 18:08:08 CST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 07:45:55AM -0500, Eric Webb wrote:

> Yes, the 150 is without a doubt CHRP.  Interesting to note that the B50
> uses the same motherboard.  You know this for a fact?
I am not 100% sure, but 99.999%. I loaded a new firmware on my B50
and the IBM web site presented the same file as firmware for the
43P-150 and the B50: 7043150I.BIN The mainboard in the B50 really
looks like a board from a desktop machine (form factor, on board
sound, keyboard, mouse, tablet port, ...)
If someone else has a 43P-150 it would be interresting to compare
the OpenFirmWare properties etc.

BTW: The new firmware didn't cure the problem (wrong PCI ID of the
AMD LAN chip) but introduced a new one... ARGL.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen