[rescue] Pictures of the haul

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:07 CST 2003

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 12:27 pm, Bill Bradford wrote:

> IBMs:
> -----
> One box, labeled POWER GXT 1000 002
> One box, labeled 7248-100 (43P?)
> One box labeled 43P-140 / 7043-26
> Machine labeled "ICHABOD" at http://www.mrbill.net/haul/workroom2.jpg:
> 	7012-26 (RS6K 380?) (no video card)

Not nit picking, just trying to inform:  IBM type/model numbering scheme is 4
dash 3, like 1234-123.  The first four is the type, the last three is the
model designation.

IBM serial numbers (at least, on the RS/6K equipment) are 2 dash 5, usually,
such as 26-10235.  The "26" being common to the last two systems on the list
make me want to think that they're the first part of a serial number and not
part of the type/model.  Most of the beiege equipment I've ever seen has a
"10" or a "26" preceeding it.  I don't know what that means, though -- maybe
indicative of RS/6000 equip, or maybe a country code?

-E.