[rescue] Shifted Sun GDM-500PS...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:04 CST 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Kevin Loch wrote:

> Do you ever worry about steel-toed shoes "caving in"?  That would
> suck worse than regular shoes.

I try not to work around anything that heavy.  These are also -really-
thick.  There're several pounds of steel in each boot.  I want the next
pair I buy to have their new "tech toe" stuff that's nonmetallic and
supposedly much stronger.

Seriously, though.  My dad wore Red Wings the whole time he did
automechanic work and had some pretty heavy things fall on him without
problem.  I'd hope that ANSI safety certifications have only gotten
tougher since then.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire