[rescue] Shifted Sun GDM-500PS...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:03 CST 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> And of course, being a good boy, you will make a careful note of the
> starting positions and only adjust one at a time, resetting each one
> after adjusting, until you isolate the one you need to adjust .... WON'T
> you?  :)

I love the IBM-badged Sony 23" monitor I used to have.  There were holes
in the shield such that you could get to the trim pots without exposing
all the internal badness.  Also, they were all -labeled-[0] in a most
idiot-proof manner.

> And remember, when working on live high-voltage electrical gear (such
> as, say, deflection yokes), ALWAYS keep one hand in your pocket.  In the
> event of a slip, it helps prevent high-voltage shocks across the chest,
> which can ruin your whole day.

And take your rings off.  I've had friends lose fingers by having ringed
fingers too close to live mains and flybacks.

[0] I guess they thought "what -else- could we possibly do with this
    massive plate of unadorned aluminium.
--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire