[rescue] Shifted Sun GDM-500PS...

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:03 CST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:49:05PM -0600, nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com wrote:
> The failure is that it is permanently shifted 2" to the left.  So much
> so that the only way I can use it is to reduce the screen to about the
> size of a 17".

Sounds like time to crack the case and carefully adjust trim pots (with
a nice, non-conducting, non-capacitive trimmer tool[1], of course).

And of course, being a good boy, you will make a careful note of the
starting positions and only adjust one at a time, resetting each one
after adjusting, until you isolate the one you need to adjust .... WON'T
you?  :)

And remember, when working on live high-voltage electrical gear (such
as, say, deflection yokes), ALWAYS keep one hand in your pocket.  In the
event of a slip, it helps prevent high-voltage shocks across the chest,
which can ruin your whole day.

[1] If you don't have such a tool, you can usually make a serviceable
one by carefully cutting down a plastic letter-opener, or even an
el-cheapo Bic ballpoint pen.