[rescue] Pictures of the haul

Adam Breaux abreaux at domainbank.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:02 CST 2003

Any of the sparcstations up for grabs?

-----Original Message-----
From: rescue-bounces at sunhelp.org [mailto:rescue-bounces at sunhelp.org] On
Behalf Of Bill Bradford
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 12:28 PM
To: The Rescue List
Subject: Re: [rescue] Pictures of the haul

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 10:43:52AM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Do you have a close-up picture of the rear of that system?  It's
> either an F30 (which I have and am not too impressed with) or an F50
> (which I
> -=really=- want).

It's an F50 according to the front panel.  I've just inquired as to its
status (we dont develop on AIX anymore) to see if I can haul it off.

> The 43Ps are interesting, but they're not CHRP, and we're migrating
> everything to 5.2 here, so I don't need another
> capped-at-5.1 box at home.

Here's the other RS6Ks, and some general details.  I dont know how much
of this stuff works at this point.

IBMs:
-----
One box, labeled POWER GXT 1000 002
One box, labeled 7248-100 (43P?)
One box labeled 43P-140 / 7043-26
Machine labeled "ICHABOD" at http://www.mrbill.net/haul/workroom2.jpg:
	7012-26 (RS6K 380?) (no video card)

SGIs:
-----
One Indigo Elan R4K (has three HDs on sleds, no keyboard) Two purple
Indigo 2s (one IMPACT graphics from the badge, one no front plate) Nine
(or seven, depending if I need to keep spares) teal Indigo 2s:
	1 x XL graphics (from badge)
	1 x XL graphics / Impact Graphics (from badge)

Other:
------
Valcom VP-2048B power supply (http://www.valcom.com/pdf/vp-2048b.pdf)
	Input:  117V 60Hz 115W
	Output:  -48VDC 2A

Tons of other misc. stuff; I've got a couple of rooms I haven't gone
through yet.

> How about those SGI monitors?  Are they 20"?  What do you want for
them?

They're all broken.  I kid you not - we have 3 rooms full of nothing but
broken/flaky/wonky 19"-and-bigger tubes.  That's been the hardest thing
to get rid of, but we finally found a place (recycler) that will PAY US
to come clean out junk rooms.  (once the sysadmin staff has picked them
over, of course..) 8-)

> Having room in the house to stash all these things is a dangerous
> concept.

Then three years from now, you wont be able to move around.  You've seen
my house before I purged. 8-)

Bill

--
bill bradford