[rescue] G3 Powerbook

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Sat Dec 20 18:08:01 CST 2003

On Wednesday, Nov 19, 2003, at 04:21 Asia/Jerusalem, Steve Hatle wrote:

> I have a Wallstreet Powerbook, if that might be interesting.
>
> 250 Mhz
> 256 MB RAM
> 10 GB disk
> CDROM

If anyone wants this, I can vouch for the usefulness of the Wallstreet.
I used one for the past year or so, and it kicks ass. This one can be
upgraded relatively cheaply to a 292 (the fastest stock powerbook 'till
the Pismo, even if the MHz don't say so) or not so cheaply to a G4.

Also, it'll take 512 of RAM nicely, and mine had no problems with a 20G
disk, even with the 8G boot partition caveat.

I only traded my Wallstreet when the opportunity came along to get my
no longer shiny 12" G4.

---sambo