[rescue] Powerbook Pismo G3 vs G4 upgrade?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Dec 20 18:07:58 CST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> A friend of mine rescued this one for cheap and we are trying to figure
> out he should put a g3 900mhz or a g4 500mhz in there? Any suggestions?

Unless you have applications that will make use of Altivec, the G3 will
probably be faster.  Congratulate him on the Pismo.  They're fine
machines--decently fast and rugged as all get-out.  Also, you can't beat
park without lugging anything else around.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire