[rescue] Distributed Folding - the Geeks team

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sat Dec 20 18:07:57 CST 2003

When I asked "what can I do with this Challenge L," Mike Meredith suggested
http:www.distributedfolding.org.  I'm doing that.  I've joined the Geeks
team, I'm running it on a couple of machines, etc.

Although 40 people are signed up for the team, only a few seem to be doing
anything.  If anyone has some spare MIPs (even if they aren't MIPs MIPs),
there's more room.

They have clients for Wintel, Linux, various Mac/OS Xen, Solaris, IRIX, etc.
The client, while not, perhaps, having the most elegant interface known to
man, seems innocuous.  You can start it and stop it without losing anything.
It will run completely in the background.

I don't think we'll ever catch the big teams, but I rather enjoy the idea
that I'm actually contributing something to medical research while heating
my house....

-Shel
--
Sheldon T. Hall