[rescue] Can someone do me a favor (fast 'net, CD-burner)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Dec 20 18:07:56 CST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> understanding is that if you have say 6.5.11f, you can't add to it the
> patchs contained in 6.5.19m.  If you try that, you end up essentially
> going all the way back to 6.5.0, then coming up to 6.5.19m.  In
> otherwords, if you go with the f stream, you will loose stuff if you
> switch.

That is correct.  If you decide you want to go back, you either need to
find a same-level or newer feature stream release or reinstall the OS.
Taking IRIX backwards through revisions does not work.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire