[rescue] Can someone do me a favor (fast 'net, CD-burner)

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sat Dec 20 18:07:56 CST 2003

Kevin ...

> 6.5.19m or 6.5.19f?

Now that's an interesting question.

I think 6.5.19m is the one on SGI's Supportfolio site.  However, I can't
remember how these machines are set up.  How can I tell?

Here's what I have:

Indigo^2 R10k MaxImpact	- No OS
Indigo^2 R4k Extreme	- No OS
Indigo^2 R4k Extreme	- 6.5.11 (m or f, I dunno)
Challenge L 4xR4k		- 6.5.0 (I think, and I dunno m or f)

Set of 6.5.0 real SGI disks.
Set of 6.5.11 burned disks.

I've never really understood the diffo between the M and F streams, frankly.
I don't know which one I want, and I don't know if I can change my mind
later.  Naturally, I want _all_ the toys (which implies F), but I'd prefer
solid, proven toys (which implies M) ... or at least that's how it appears
to me.  Feel free to enlighten me on this!

If something later/better than 6.5.19m is available, let me know.

-Shel