[rescue] Wow.

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Sat Dec 20 18:07:55 CST 2003

On 11/18/03 9:55 AM, "Brooke Gravitt"  wrote:

> 20" iMac and dual 1.8 GHz G5 just added to the lineup. Man.

I personally don't understand the 20" iMac. If I wanted a 20" screen, why
would I buy one permanently tethered to a G4 base? If I buy a Cinema
Display, I can bring it with me if/when I upgrade to different machine
(albeit an Apple machine). Two years from now, when the G4 in that base is
pretty tired, you won't have an option of using that screen on anything
else.

I suppose for the "plug it in and use it" crowd it might make sense, but I
move too much stuff around to want to be tied down like that. I'd use the
display long after the machine was "past it", as they say.  .  .

Steve