[rescue] Sun Ultra 5 video

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Dec 20 18:07:53 CST 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 10:12:10PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> (1) Does the U10's IDE controller have a limitation on the size and/or
> speed of drives it can talk to?

Make sure you update the OBP firmware as the first thing you do.  I've
had no problems running big disks (80G) in a U5 with Solaris 9 and updated
firmware.

> (2) Can anyone proffer a list of PCI SCSI controllers known to work in a
> U10 without CAT-scanning a haystack for the correct driver?

I've got two of the Sun/Symbios single-ended dual-channel cards here; would
be willing to trade them for a nice 19" monitor..

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net