[rescue] xmas

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Dec 25 22:17:15 CST 2003

On Dec 25, 2003, at 12:23 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Merry xmas, you rescuin' folk!
>
>        -Dave
>
> --
> Dave McGuire                      "My tummy hurts now, but my soul
> St. Petersburg, FL                 feels a little better."     -Ed

And all to ye all as well

<--- enjoying our mutual present

Nancy bought us Seasons 1-4 of Stargate SG-1...

I bought her the big platinum Two Towers DVD set with Golum figurine...
to go with her Fellowship 5 DVD set with bookends from last year....
guess you can guess what comes next year :-).

Dumbest gift I got this year... : a Cherry and Olive pitter from
Nancy's stepmother.... erm.. well it's not useless to me... but it is
definitely a near uni-tasker[0]

OB Rescue: Now to figure out why my Mac is unstable since my G4
upgrade.  The first one was defective (wouldn't run at 550 only 500),
but this one appears good... except I lock up every 2-3 days...
especially if I leave Diablo Lord of Destruction running.  Sometimes
per Nadine I've noticed SCSI modules in the crash log... but other
times no crash log at all.  I am seriously hoping it is the PRAM
battery... (I've never changed this one).  I did notice a problem
immediately after changing the proc the first time... I thought my
machine was dead.... Did the dance of part swaps and reset button
pressing and magically it worked again 30-45 minutes later... albeit
the new proc only ran at 500 reliably (this was the first module they
sent).  Either that or it might be overheating... I did shove a new 10K
72 GB drive in the box a small while ago.

[0] See Alton Brown - "Good Eats"