update: was [[rescue] Did I kill the octane?]

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Wed Dec 24 18:42:05 CST 2003

Update: it appears to be running again, after replacement of the xbow and
scsi riser/backplane.  I'll probably swap stuff around some more just to
determine what exactly failed.

I'm still disappointed that these machines seem to be so finicky.  I'm also
rather excited about the possibility of upgrading these R10k-250s to
R12k-300.  Along the way, I'll be testing a R12k at 250 MHz as well...any
suggestions on benchmarks I should run?  I'm curious about R10k vs. R12k at
the same clock rate.

newell