[rescue] [Nubus FDDI and CDDI too!: [swap] FS - Nubus and PCI Medianet boards]

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Dec 22 09:29:04 CST 2003

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 11:29:14PM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> I am not sure what the difference is between MediaNet and FDDI/CDDI,
> but it sounds like he has some FDDI/CDDI at the least.

I believe MediaNet is a propietary protocol run over twisted pair
cabling.  I actually have a pair of medianet boards, but little to no
hope of ever getting software.  Eventually, I may end up stripping them
for parts, if I ever learn to [de]solder fine pitch SMT parts.  There
are some cool chips on those cards (xilinx FPGAs, I believe a CPLD, some
CPUs, etc).

I haven't decided if I'm going to try to go for the NuBus FDDI cards or
not.  Now's not a great time to be spending money unnescesarily, but on
the other hand, they would be cool.