[rescue] Looking for Compaq Smart Start CD for Compaq Proliant 1600R

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Dec 20 18:09:05 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 22:55, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> I have a Compaq Proliant 1600R that has been sitting idle forever...
>
> I've added a second matching processor (and a VRM (12V input
> vs the original 5V/12V input, but it seems to work OK))....
>
> problem is I'm getting error code 178, and I need to run configuration.
>
> Apparantly, that is via the Smart Start CD.... which of course
> I do not have.

I have found more specifically that the last version of Smart Start
supported for this box is Smart Start 5.5.

> It does not appear that Compaq makes Smart Start CD images available
> for download.

A kind soul did point out that most if not all of what I would need
is available without the CD, however I'd still like to obtain a
CD or an iso image of one.

> Hoping someone here either has an extra CD, or can make an ISO image
> of theirs for me.

So, I'm still looking.  Anyone have Smart Start 5.5 that can make an
ISO image of it, or have a Smart Start 5.5 CD that is no longer needed
that I could have..... ?????

> Stupid me should have grabbed the CD.... when I obtained the computer
> I didn't even think about the funky Compaq nuances (that always made
> me hate Compaq).
>
> -- Curt

Thanks,

  -- Curt