[rescue] Spamcop RBL false positives

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 20 18:09:01 CST 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:30:13 -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> FYI, the RBL at bl.spamcop.net is currently throwing a lot of false
> positives for sunhelp.org lists (among others).  I don't know whether

Or read http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml and don't use bl.spamcop.net as
a block list (not that using it appropriately isn't useful).

> it's an innocent error or the result of a malicious report, but anyone
> who's using it might want to disable it for the time being until it is
> resolved.

Despite the best efforts of those involved, it does regularly get false
positives ... after all it relies on input from users not all of which
have enough clue (and some possibly suffer caffeine deficiency).