[rescue] Sad Solaris geek

Al Potter apotter at spankingnuns.com
Sat Dec 20 18:09:01 CST 2003

<criminal waste deleted>

vraptor at promessage.com said:
> ....All because the consultants I am working for (two layers of
> contracting) are Linux fanboys.

Ya know....

You might point out to the equipment owners that (presumably) this higher
end equipment is PAID FOR, (presumably) operational, and (I hope) you know
how to admin it, without the two layers of contracting OVERHEAD.

You might end up with direct employment and grateful employers.

You might get fired....

Your call, of course.  All of us armchair quarterbacks lack the detailed
knowledge you have of this mess, your personal situation, and all the other
relevant factors, but I can point out the potential above.

Please let us know how it all comes out....

AL