[rescue] SGI 540

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Dec 20 18:09:00 CST 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 03:34:40PM -0500, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
> So I picked up the SGI 540 today. Turns out to be pretty loaded besides
> the memory (512mb) it has the DS1100 Raid Array, Serial Digital Interface,
> and dongles for Maya and Maya fusion. Also Photoshop, After Effects,
> Illustrator
> and other adobe products.

What exactly is Maya Fusion?  I'm guessing a compositor based on google
hits, but it isn't actually listed on Alias' web site.  I would have
assumed it was an intregrated component (i.e. Composer integrated into
Maya), but then why would it require a seperate dongle?

> It came with NT4 but I want to upgrade it to 2k. I am just grabbing the prom
> from
> SGI's website. Any hints/tips be4 I will perform the upgrade to 2k.

I'd double check that everything will continue to work correctly, like
the SDI cards, etc.