[rescue] SGI 320's

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:59 CST 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 06:27:20PM -0500, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
> Dunno. There was an article i think in the post some day that they are
> using
> radar at higher than normal settings during threats what causes
> interference
> in cable tv networks and stuff. I guess it's military cause they do not
> have to
> care about regulations.

I don't have the FCC link handy but I am pretty sure you are correct
about that. The military gets priority over just about everything
else.

There is a big debate right now about whether or not the FCC should
open up 3.5Ghz to uses other than military.  Right now, only the
military can broadcast on that.  As 3.5 is a pretty nice and wide
piece of spectrum, there are folks who want to use it.  And since 3.5
is not banned in other countries, manufacturers like
Alvarion/Breezecom of Israel already have equipment to ship for it.

--Patrick