[rescue] SGI 330

Mike F lists at mikef.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 20 18:08:58 CST 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:38:01 -0500
"Earl D. Baugh Jr." <earl at baugh.org> wrote:
[snip]
> of  the matched processor
> sets I've tried for it, I've not been able to get it to come up in > dual processor mode.
[snip]
> The box works great so far....I've tried NT and XP Pro on it as tests,
> and haven't
> had any problems...I've been waiting for the dual processors before I
> went to the
> trouble to fit it up with some SCSI drives and Linux.....wanted to
> make sure it
> functioned properly ...
>
> If anybody can help me out with some leads here, I'd greatly
> appreciate it.

I'm no 330/540 expert, but in the limited research I've done on these
machines, I have heard that SMP only functions on these machines with
the original SGI Windows NT load, which could then be upgraded to
2000 or XP and preserve SMP functionality. Again, this is hearsay
on my part, but it makes sense given the proprietary-ness of these
SGI PeeCees. - Mike