[rescue] DEC AlphaServer 4100 5/300 Questions

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:57 CST 2003

On Dec 14, 2003, at 12:03 AM, Martin Marshall wrote:

> Dan Duncan wrote:
>
>> Do you need any disk carriers? (SBBs)  I have several spare ones
>> (narrow SCSI) with 1GB drives.  The drives aren't known good, but
>> I'll
>> send you a couple for shipping costs.  If you want them without drives
>> to cut the weight, I'll yank them out.
>
> Email me off list with your address and shipping costs, without the
> drives.  We can work out payment.
>
>> If the power supplies are like the ones in my 2100, there are some
>> internal
>> fuses you might check.
>
> I'm headed there, but the cover is secured with tamper-resistant torx
> screws, so I need the right bit.

The ones with the pin in the center?

I know where to get bits for those.  I'm actually going to get a
tamper-resistant bit set soon.  If I talk to my friend we might get a
few more for a small fee.

The bits are Torx with pin in center, two post (like on trains and
elevators), 3 spoke phillips,  twisted spoke phillips, and I have
another set with clutches (bowtie shape).

Andrew