[rescue] IRIS Crimson for Sale on eBay

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:55 CST 2003

--- Darryl Barile <dbarile at interserv.com> wrote:
> I know I am gonna regret this.
>
> What configuration.

Dunno... It seems complete - it has a couple 5 1/4" drive sleds (for
full height disks), has a set of "skins" and the power cord.

If your interest is sincere, I'd be happy to attempt an inventory, but
it is cold in the garage, and I'd rather not spend the time unless you
are somewhat serious...

The case says R4400 VG/XT, but that may mean nothing...

It is without drives, and is offered AS-IS...

> Define "open"

Well, I paid a lot for it ($200 incl. monitor, keyboard, mouse, power
cord), then left it sit in my garage for at least 18 months... (I even
drove to MD from here to pick it up, took ALL DAY with my then 5 year
old in tow...)

I am more interested in clearing out the space in my garage than in
filling my wallet...

Hell, I'd trade it for like 3 sets of purple indigo feet and a fourth
set in teal...

My wife would be willing to pay you to take it away ;^)

I'd be happy if I was offered *something* for it... ;^)

Also, I still have two *rough* 19" racks if anyone is interested, they
are right next to Crimson, and have some rust, other issues, but appear
solid and heavy. Pictures available for anyone interested...

I have a dream of getting my car in the garage this winter (well,
before winter is over anyway...)

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall