[rescue] IRIS Crimson for Sale on eBay

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:54 CST 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 05:05:53PM +0000, Shirker wrote:
> I can't remember if I got this link from this list or not, so sorry if
> it's a repost:
>
> http://www.paypalsucks.com/forums/showthread.php?fid=6&tid=1529&old_block=0
>
> This is informative...

Informative hell, *bloody alarming* is what it is.  If that kinda crap
is established internal policy ....

I'm not going to close my PayPal account yet, but I just pulled the
remaining $150 of accrued cash out of it just to be safe.  That's not
enough to cause us problems with Social Services.

I seem to recall having heard that there's some bill going through
Congress that would cause PayPal and other similar outfits to be legally
classified as banks, and force them to operate under the same rules,
regulations and customer guarantees as banks.