[rescue] IRIS Crimson for Sale on eBay

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:53 CST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:19:00 +0100
Gerhard Lenerz wrote:

>   Just a question: Is it normal for Ebay US that you have to pay with
>   paypal even if you pick up the stuff personally? On previous
>   auctions tons of months ago I've only seen the request that
>   arrangements for pickup must be done within x days.

No, but some (most) do it because of fraud with money orders and
personal checks.  The last thing a seller wants is to watch their
merchandise drive off and then watch the check bounce a week later.
Paypal isn't fool-proof, but it's better than taking unverifiable funds.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."