[rescue] Wee... what's old is new again...:-) Me machine has new life.

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:52 CST 2003

--On Friday, December 05, 2003 1:10 AM -0500 Phil Stracchino
<alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 09:48:21PM -0800, N. Miller wrote:
>> Which reminds me, please think good thoughts for me tomorrow and cross
>> your fingers and toes and such--I have *two* job interviews, and one of
>> them is not a contract position *and* resulted from a cold call.
>
> I'll keep all applicable extremities crossed.
>
> (Note:  This does not include my formerly-crossed toes, which have pins
> in'em right now.)

Ouch.  I hope that will help said toes work better.

Thanks for the good thoughts.

I accepted a 60-day contract yesterday to "fill-the-gap" at a "unified
messaging" place that is transitioning it's email appliances to linux
and postfix in an HA configuration.

The other interview went pretty well; I'm hoping to continue the inter-
view process since it's for a "regular" gig doing training instead of
sys admin work (surprisingly to me, the salary range is slightly above
what I was making during the heyday as a sys admin--more comparable to
my manager salary range).  I miss training--it's fun even with the
annoyances of the travel.

=Nadine=