[rescue] Antique SunPC accelerator

Mattias Nordlund mathew at eagle.y.se
Sat Dec 20 18:08:50 CST 2003

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, James Birdsall wrote:

> I just picked up a SunPC 486DX25 for a buck, and there's a lot more where
> that came from. What was the last version of the software to support this?

Last version was SunPC 4.2, 4.1 can be found on:
ftp://ftp.eagle.y.se.se/pub/solaris/drivers/SunPC/

4.2 will be there later tonight (MET) or early morning.

> Does it run under Solaris 8?

The last officialy supported version was 2.6, but you might get it to work
by installing the driver and copy the driver from 2.6 to 2.8.

> Also, does the software support multiple
> accelerators in one machine? I have a vision of an 8-way SS1000 with a dozen
> of these things installed. Why? Uh...

Don't think it even worked in sun4d machines, but you can try.

/Mattias