[rescue] Antique SunPC accelerator

Dieter Montanez dieter at plantcomputers.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:49 CST 2003

 will any LINUX run on thhos SBUS SunPC ?

Lionel Peterson wrote:

  --- "Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366"   <patrick at zill.net>   wrote:

    On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 04:53:26PM -0800, James Birdsall wrote:

      I just picked up a SunPC 486DX25 for a buck, and there's a lot more
      where that came from. What was the last version of the software to
      support this?
      Does it run under Solaris 8? Also, does the software support
      multiple accelerators in one machine? I have a vision of an 8-way
      SS1000 with a dozen of these things installed. Why? Uh...

    <slashdot luser>
    imagine a Beowulf cluster of these ...
    </slashdot luser>

  Heh...

  I think they only run Win 3.1 or Win9x, neither of which are exaclyt
  cluster-friendly OSs... ;^)

  I know you can run multiple PCI SunPCi adapters in one system, the
  documentation discusses it, but I've no reason to believe you can run
  more than one in an SBUS machine...

  =====
  Lionel

  "I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall