[rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:47 CST 2003

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 08:43:03AM -0500, Al Potter wrote:
> shannon at widomaker.com said:
> > If you are afraid of the real deal,
>
> I'm not, at all.... too many years around them for fear.  But having a
> discussion with the ATF or some other TLA about whether or not something is
> legal, particularly when it comes down to THEIR judgement in many of these
> cases, is not something I am interested in doing, particularly in this day
> and age.

A friend is into fireworks and has helped with some of the local
city's July 4th displays, etc. put on by the city and the fireworks
club he is part of.

Since 9/11, they have been put through the wringer concerning dynamite
and the other explosives used - basically impossible to get certain
things now.  (I understand that construction companies that use
dynamite for blasting have also come under a lot of scrutiny.)

This guy didn't renew his Class III FFL because the BATF could show up
at any time and inspect his place of business, which was in his home.
So now his gun restoration work is only done on pre-1904 weapons.

Expect govt bureaucracy to explode in size and intrusiveness the same
way it did during and after WWII.

--Patrick