[rescue] Netopia analog router question

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:45 CST 2003

It should count as on topic, I paid too much for it on ebay :-)

I have a Netopia R2121, it's a little router gadget with 2 56K modems in
it, and an 8 port 10bT hub, and it actually seems to work quite well.
However, it does not seem to be able to dynamically acquire a gateway
via PPP on dialup.  Has anybody used one of these and managed to
overcome this problem?

It seems they are assuming that an ISP will have only 1 dial up gateway,
and expect it to be static, however my ISP is routing at every PPP
endpoint, so the gateway is different every time I log in.

I have put the latest firmware (4.11.3) on it.

Any suggestions would be useful, I really don't want to make a nasty
automated telnet/snmp kludge to automatically set it from another
machine, but if I must...

Tim H.