[rescue] IDing a SGI part number

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:41 CST 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> SILICON GRAPHICS CMNB022 labeled MAYA...

The only reference I found was to a NASA bill of materials that lists
that system as costing about $12k new in 1999.  Cross-referencing with
a similar "Periodic Table of the IRISes", that appears to be a high-end
O2, possibly with digital-only A/V, since that's the only workstation in
that price bracket.

Now, if NASA got a good discount, the system could be a low-end Octane.

> Keyboard is: SGI SK-2502U

And that is a PS/2 keyboard.

> Comes with a monitor: SILICON GRAPHICS GDM-25021PT

That is an un-sucky 21" Trinitron.

> SILICON GRAPHICS DS1100 SCSI is also in the list.

That is an SGI SCSI array, possibly with hardware RAID.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire