[rescue] Tadpole SPARCLE review

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Sat Dec 20 18:08:39 CST 2003

Bill Bradford wrote:

> > The big question: Do you get to keep it? hehe
>
> Nope, unfortunately.  Sent it back to them via FedEx today.
> I can't even afford the low-end $3K model.

   Well, if anyone from the list buys one, it behooves them to tell the
Tadpole folks about the positive SunHelp review! Even if Tadpole can't/won't
give Bill any toys, it's good feedback, and may score him something else later
on. Laying the groundwork...
   I wrote their sales staff a note, based on the review, since I want $work
to buy me a UNIX laptop in January, and my only other choice would be a
PowerBook. [Insert Homer Simpson's lustful, gargling "lagalagalagalagal"
here.] I need to run Visio and a full Office install, so I need some Winders
compatibility (whether dual-booting or Crossover Ofiice or something else) --
but it's for admining Solaris 8 servers, so I would prefer to run a SPARC CPU
and not an x86 system.
   Anyway, thanks for the review, Bill -- it'll be added to my mountain of
supporting paperwork if I order one!
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt