[rescue] Wee... what's old is new again...:-) Me machine has new life.

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:37 CST 2003

--On Monday, December 01, 2003 10:31 PM -0500 Andrew Weiss
<ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2003, at 10:09 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:
>>
>> Well, if the controller will handle it...  What SCSI controller are you
>> using?
>>
>> Bill
>>
> The OEM Adaptec 2940U2B (I also have a 2930 in the machine for external
> stuff).  The machine was advertised as 80MB/s Ultra LVD.  I used to have
> two 9GB LVD's but one died.  I figure an U160 drive will at least perform
> at Ultra 2 LVD speeds.

FYI, there are reported problems with 2940's and 10.3.  I got bit by it in
the 10.3 beta seed that I have been working with.  I had to switch to an
ATTO card.

I have not seen this report anywhere other than the BRU (backup software)
web site at:

<http://www.tolisgroup.com/Macintosh-content.html>

It's about 80% of the way down the page.

=Nadine=