[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Apr 26 14:48:47 CDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 11:41:58AM -0700, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> --- Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
>
> > A friend of mine has a Mustang that runs Linux.
>
> Really, a horse that runs Linux? Or do you mean the airplane? ;^)

Well, I do know a girl who has a laptop bag on her saddle... :)

No, this is a Ford Mustang, '96.  Pentium class server in the trunk,
remote controlled from the dashboard.  Mostly for mp3's but could also
run navigation software.

One cool car I saw had a computer system hooked up to the GPS, and some
data aquisition stuff.

He produced maps of his road trips, complete with temperature and other
data along the way.

It wasn't really desgined to be useful, just a geek toy, but it
definitely shows how you might do useful work with simple systems like
that.