[rescue] SunStation IPX

Benjamin Gardiner cvisors at carnagevisors.net
Wed Oct 30 18:06:41 CST 2002

On Wednesday, Oct 30, 2002, at 23:08 Australia/Melbourne, Steve Sandau
wrote:

>>> Hi all..
>>>
>>> Well I have just got my hands on a Sun IPX, and I was wondering what
>>> versions of solaris run on this machine, I know 2.8 & 2.9 (8 & 9)
>>> most
>>> probably won't, but what versions do?
>>>

>> I could be wrong, but I think everything up to 2.7 will run on it.
>>
> I believe that is true. Same as a SPARC2.
>
> It'll also run NetBSD quite nicely as well. ;) If you want a GUI you
> might consider that.
>
> --
> Steve Sandau
> IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine
> ssandau at bath.tmac.com

I am probably going to use NetBSD on the machine, as I allready use it
on my microVAX 3100.  Though any idea where I can get older versions of
Solaris?

Benjamin
I saw two shooting stars last night
I wished on them but they were only satellites
Is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care
Billy Bragg 1983