[rescue] EMC helpful ?!?!??! hah!

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Mon Oct 28 16:35:24 CST 2002

"Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com> asks ...

> On Monday, October 28, 2002, at 04:29 PM, Mike Johnson wrote:
> > No lie.  At $previous_employer we were wined and dined by EMC[1] and we
> > [1] They flew me and the COO to Boston, picked us up at the airport in
> > stretch limo, put us up in a nice hotel, picked up the tab at the bar,
> > breakfast, lunch, etc.
>
>    Whatever happened to getting sales based on the QUALITY OF THE
> PRODUCT?
>
>    Am I just old-fashioned or something?

Yep.  You're an old fogey.  As am I.

It's probably the reason we aren't rich, actually.  We have too high an
opinion of the intelligence of our fellow man.  We won't jive 'em or swive
'em, and that keeps us from making the Big Bucks.  Maybe it will also keep
us out of jail....

Wasn't it H.L.Mencken, that incurable optimist, who said "No man ever went
broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public?"

I just wish Dilbert were fiction.

-Shel