[rescue] EMC helpful ?!?!??! hah!

vraptor at employees.org vraptor at employees.org
Mon Oct 28 13:33:04 CST 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Les Connally wrote:
>nadine wrote:
>> You might
>> want to poke around the EMC web site and see what you can
>> find.  Since it's older, maybe they have some legacy apps
>> up for it.
>

>there is NO worse IMHO manuf than EMC.. (except Nortel??) for
>non-service agreement help.. even website is pretty much off limits. and
>I dont thin EMC cares AT ALL about older Clariion SCSI stuff

Hmmm...sounds like you need to find someone who has a current
service contract to ask some questions, or get an SE name from.
I found when I was doing my perf tests that they were so eager
for the sale that they wanted to come in and do *everything*.
I wouldn't let them--I hate "black boxes"--I did let them do
the heavy lifting for the install (the built-in UPS in that
thing...) though.

I would expect they are even in worse shape now, given the
economy.  String 'em along, see what you can get out of them.
Social engineering can be very useful at times.

=Nadine=