[rescue] Re-animating older CLARiiON disk array...

Les Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Mon Oct 28 12:40:57 CST 2002

Marc posted:
> >From what I've learned while 'google'ing around and searching the SunHelp
> archives this seems to indicate a missing "database disk". This gives me
> no wonder since the drives have been stripped before I got this beast :-)
>
> I've a couple of 'cudas and other SCSI disks to put in the array, but I'm
> missing the "OS" for the array. Now to my question:
>
>         Is it possible, to just hook up the drive to another machine
>         and 'dd' an image file from a working system to the disk to
>         revive the array?

the array requires at least one drive in a certain slot with OS

actually, the easiest way is going to borrow from someone a drive with
OS on it.. it will then replicate itself to the backup drives that also
hold OS.  I dont remember which are the database drives on a 10-slot..
I;'ll try to look it up for you. probably A1, and two others

Les