[rescue] Re: HP 700RX (was: whining)

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Oct 27 21:04:16 CST 2002

Among other things, "Steve Sandau" <ssandau at bath.tmac.com> says...

> Anyone know anything about the HP 700RX? I haven't taken it apart yet.
> I'll do that at work tomorrow...

I've got one.  Works fine.

They had several different models of those things.  Later ones were called
things like "Envizex" or something like that.  There are a couple-or-three
different model numbers that say 700/rx on the front.

They netboot just fine, once you set it up.  Mine netboots off my
SPARCstation LX, although it's not an instantneous process.  Mine has both
HIL and PS/2 connectors for mouse/keyboard, and both AUI and 10base2 network
connections.  They take 72-pin SIMMs, but I can't remember if it's parity or
not.  2 MB is standard, IIRC, and I think I've got 10 MB in mine.

The default video setting will require a pretty high-end monitor, but you
can adjust it to use something cheaper.

I forget the "reset to defaulta" key-combo, but I can find it.  Ditto some
other information, if you need it.

Software at http://www.ductape.net/~brianm/xterm/ and
ftp://hprc.external.hp.com with username "enware" and password "enware".

I'd use mine more but it takes up as much room as a real computer, or at
least a PeeCee....

-Shel