[rescue] IBM RS/6000 3CT

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sat Oct 26 08:10:24 CDT 2002

On Saturday 26 October 2002 12:48 am, vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> I use the precompiled RPM's from ftp.software.ibm.com.  Completely
> painless for open/freeware stuff.  I swear by the gnu version of df,
> because I tend to do df -m a lot.

Yuck... that's something else that I wanted to bring up.  I believe the RPMs
maintain a separate database from the lpp system, and that kinda ticks me
off.  I don't want to have to F around with two software databases, even
though they're for totally different kinds of things.

I've got mixed feelings about the mixing of AIX and GNU/Linux stuff.  I love
Linux at home, but I'm really, really afraid of it tainting the goodness of
AIX.

-E.