[rescue] IBM RS/6000 3CT

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Fri Oct 25 14:26:57 CDT 2002

I recently came into possession of one of these beasties and can't seem
to find much in the way of information (maybe I'm just looking in the
wrong places).  I've found that it's a 67MHz POWER2, and I've found the
diag codes.  It also seems to be maxed out in memory (but I don't know
what the maximum is).  It has a sound card, an ATM card, and a video
card (which is a GXT150M, it would seem).  It also has a 2GB drive.
When booting, it goes through a bunch of diagnostics on the little
read-out, and (I guess) makes it into the OS, and the display clears.

My problem is I don't have a monitor for it (it doesn't seem to like Sun
monitors) and I can't figure out how to get serial console.  Any
pointers?

And, to offend any AIX fans out there: any chance it'll run something
other than AIX?

Thanks,
Mike
--
"Would you like to take advantage of wiretap Wednesdays?" -- Fed on Sealab 2021