[rescue] Video card reco

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Thu Oct 24 12:28:47 CDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 01:20:21PM -0400, Michael Decerbo wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:10:08 -0400,
> This is getting OT, but why have I always heard that the Millennium II
> is 'way more desirable than the original Millennium?

I believe the speed of the RAMDAC is higher, and the memory bandwidth
is higher too.

When used with the xig.com AcceleratedX server it will clean the clock
of virtually any other card on 2D Xmarks.  Even the high end SGI and
HP cards cannot beat it for 2D performance.  Of course, on 3D benchmarks it is a completely different story.

--Patrick