[rescue] Video card reco

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Oct 24 12:32:23 CDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 01:20:21PM -0400, Michael Decerbo wrote:
> This is getting OT, but why have I always heard that the Millennium II
> is 'way more desirable than the original Millennium?

I wouldn't say it is OT (nor do I think MrBill would).

I've never heard any good reason why the Millennium II would be
significantly better than the original, except I've heard rumors that it
can be upgraded to 16megs of ram, which would be seriously cool under
some circumstances, if true.

It seems to me that a few of the Millenium and Millenium II cards are
something any self respecting geek should have on hand.  They seem to be
the most widely supported, other than VGA, and they will work with any
monitor (albeit a proprietary cable is sometimes required, and some
driver tweeking might also be needed).

--
Joshua D. Boyd