[rescue] Video card reco

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Thu Oct 24 09:47:16 CDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 09:53:53AM -0500, Scott Newell wrote:
> Need a recommendation on a FeeCee video card.  Something fairly cheap,
> 1280x1024 true color, PCI slot, decent 2D performance (it's used for web
> browsing).  My dad has one of those Computer Friend P-Pro machines, and the
> card won't do 1280x1024 at a decent color depth on his new LCD monitor.
> Used is ok.

Matrox Millenium with 8MB WRAM.  Should be able to get them used for
cheap.  Crappy 3D performance but wonderful 2D performance.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $39.99/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |