[rescue] This guy is smoking something...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Oct 23 00:19:05 CDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 12:05:15AM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> I only wish I had this guys break with reality:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1773629265
> Why would anybody pay that much for a Sparcbook2 when something like this:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1773775339
> is available in the same search?

At one time, I owned the very first SparcBook 1 that was ever sold to
the public.  Bought it from a professor in California who bought it
right as they came out; he found out that he was the VERY FIRST PERSON
to order one (from his sales guy).

I used it for a month or so, then sold it to a friend (after I bought a
SB3; the SB1 was too proprietary and really kinda unusable).  About a
year later, he had it in a friend's garage, and a motorcycle fell on it. 8-(

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net