[rescue] Linux on PA-RISC (was: hp visualize-s.. B's and C's)

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Tue Oct 22 17:22:05 CDT 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Leslie Connally wrote:

> looking around, there are some good sites on Linux (esp Debian) on PA-RISC..
>
> http://parisc-linux.org/
> > http://hwdb.parisc-linux.org/
>
> www.debian.org (PARISC "HPPA" is officially part of 3.0)
> >esp: http://www.debian.org/ports/hppa/

Has anyone done this yet though?  What are your impressions?
I have a nice 720 (725?) hanging around that I would really like to try
this on...  Saw a demo at Linuxworld convention past - a 715(i
think) running dual head using some sgi flat panel displays.  It was
glorious, but that's before the debian port was *officially
released*.  Haven't heard of anyone trying since..

--
-Linc Fessenden